Branded Content/Native Advertising
You have valuable content on your website, but do you know if it’s being read? Or read by the right people? Even the best content won’t achieve your marketing goals if it doesn’t reach your target audience. By sponsoring stories on DesMoinesRegsiter.com, you can ensure your branded stories reach a highly engaged local audience.
What is Branded Content/Native Advertising?
Branded content, also called native advertising, matches the unique look and feel of a publisher’s site so it fits seamlessly into digital environments. Branded content is not brand-biased and focuses on informing, rather than convincing, a target audience. These sponsored stories are most often listed in the form of “suggested articles” on popular websites. Sponsoring content on your local or state newspaper’s website is one of the most successful, effective forms of native advertising because:
- Branded content advertisers experience a 33% lift in perceived credibility for native on well-regarded news sites.
- Newspaper digital audience has grown twice as fast as the Internet audience in the past 12 months.
- Newspaper content is 50% more likely to be retweeted than all other local media, including television & radio.
Source: IAB/Edelman, Getting In-Feed Sponsored Content Right; comScore, January 2015
Branded Content Stories on DesMoinesRegister.com
Register Media is the only vendor for branded content on DesMoinesReigster.com: Iowa’s top source for local news (Thoroughbred Research Study, 2014). Branded content is typically provided and authored by the advertiser, and appears simultaneously on The Des Moines Register’s desktop, iPad and mobile web platforms.* These stories are clearly marked with brand logos and ‘Sponsor Story’ headers to differentiate them from the newspaper’s editorial content. Therefore, advertisers utilizing sponsored content not only educate and inform their target audience, they also build brand loyalty and authority.
*Branded content advertising options also available in The Des Moines Register print publications.
Examples of Branded Content on DesMoinesRegister.com
Benefits of Branded Content/Native Advertising
- Enjoy guaranteed, quality media placement on DesMoinesRegister.com—native ads are undetected by ad blockers
- Break through the clutter of other digital ads and gain attention by local audiences
- Match both the form and function of the user experience in which sponsored content is placed
- Educate, inspire, entertain or inform your audience on Iowa’s top local news source
- Engage in a way that adds value to the consumer relationship
- Position your brand as a thought-leader and seek brand affinity
- Determine what branded content is engaging users most and use this information to develop future marketing strategies
Why Put Branded Content on DesMoinesRegister.com?
Many local and regional brands sponsor articles on blogs or other online publications with large preexisting audiences that are global, not local. In other words, they pay for reach that won’t affect the bottom line. More Iowans chose The Des Moines Register and DesMoinesRegister.com as their No. 1 source for local news coverage (Thoroughbred Research Study, 2014). When you sponsor a story on DesMoinesRegiser.com, your branded content will reach a local, affluent audience:
- 2.5 million unique visitors/month to DesMoinesRegister.com
- 17.5 million page views/month to DesMoinesRegister.com
- 78,000 The Des Moines Register fans on Facebook
- 93,000 @DMRegister followers on Twitter
As a part of our branded content program, we offer a promotional plan that drives traffic to sponsored articles, ensuring they get engagement.
Source: Omniture, Jan.-Dec. 2015; comScore, Jan.-Dec. 2015
Put your content in front of the right audiences! If you are interested in establishing a branded content program with The Des Moines Register, contact us today.